In juvenile cases, I know how to deliver results: with hard work, knowledge of this area of law, and honest communication with parents or relatives. Expect me to outwork and outthink prosecutors. How? I spent 12 years teaching District Attorneys how to do their job.
Hire the defense attorney who trained prosecutors of juvenile cases.
Call 805-477-0070 now
Most juvenile cases involve an arrest on drug charges. If that’s what has happened to your child, you can feel very alone and very scared. I work exceptionally hard to support parents and the young person who has been arrested. Don’t be surprised to see me at the jail at a time of night when no other attorney is there. Count on that level of support. Your initial consultation is free. And I will visit the juvenile in jail as part of the free assessment of your case.
Juvenile Cases: You Will Know What to Expect
- Expect me to put you at ease with information and action.
- There could be numerous hearings. You will know the reason for each hearing and motion, the outcome I am working toward, and what happens next. I have handled thousands of hearings and well over a hundred jury trials.
- We will be in consistent communication throughout.
- Authorities will regard your youngster as a criminal. My job is to protect his or her rights as an underage person.
- Most cases involving minors do not go to trial; they are settled in a plea arrangement.
- Identifying alternate ways of sentencing is a focus of my work for clients.
- My knowledge of the system can help protect a child’s permanent record.
Juvenile Cases: You Are Not Alone
The accused is someone you love and have raised or watched grow up. They may be wrongly accused. They may have gotten caught up in something bigger than them – something that overwhelmed them. They may have been in the wrong place. They may have made poor choices. Here are the facts:
- Drug violations are the top reason for the arrest of individuals under the age of 18 in the United States
- Nearly 80% of these drug arrests were for possession*
- These are arrest statistics. The number of cases that resulted in a conviction is sizably less.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) is the second most frequent reason for arrest
- Property crimes – theft and larceny accusations rank third among under 18 arrests
Put my Background in Juvenile Cases to Work For You
The focus of my practice is solely on criminal defense. In my time in private practice, I have had the privilege of serving more than 1,200 clients. I believe that I know the system as well as anyone who claims to be an insider. You will have the benefit of a clear understanding of Ventura County’s court system, its judges, prosecutors and law enforcement. I spent 13 years in the Ventura County Office of the District Attorney before dedicating my practice to criminal defense.
It sometimes surprises people, but I will tell them if they don’t need me; that a public defender can handle their needs. This is a conversation I have on average, five times a month. You will find that honesty is a core value of this law practice.
I will visit your juvenile in jail – at no charge.
Call 805-477-0070 now to get started.
The Law Offices of David Lehr provides defense in juvenile cases in Ventura, Oxnard and Camarillo, California. No attorney or law firm can make any promises or guarantee an outcome for your criminal case. The contents presented on this site are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Visiting this website does not establish an attorney/client relationship.
*Arrest statistics source: Department of Justice FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Program (UCR 2009)
MEET OUR TEAM
Our law firm provides honest, thoughtful, clear, and effective guidance and support to our clients. We will lead you through the difficult times and help you secure your future.
This firm is a "unicorn." Honest, dedicated, and kind, as well as excellent and honorable in their practice.
He listened to my concerns and is willing to go the extra mile. He is really knowledgeable and responds quickly.
Thanks to David and Daniel, my life is back on track.
Caring and professional attorneys that will do whatever they can to help you legally, and whatever they can offer you after the fact. They are exemplary human beings and both deserve recognition for all of their efforts in every happenstance.
David has provided awesome support during some of our darkest days. Even went out of his way to help my son get into programs. David is very well connected. If you need effective and immediate legal counsel he should be the first attorney you call.
He actually takes the time to listen to you and make you feel like you matter.
David is fantastic. He gives you everything he has, he cares, thinks soooo fast on his feet, and is very intelligent.
David was very professional, direct, informative and no BS. He has a great reputation. I spoke with a LOT of other individuals who have had legal troubles, David Lehr was the most often recommended Lawyer and he has an excellent track record.
David Lehr not only represented me thoroughly, effectively, and honestly but he also gave great thought, concern, and insight to my needs. He handled my affairs promptly and I found success in all areas of his dealings. I could not have had a better lawyer. I am forever grateful.