FACING CHARGES FOR YOUR FIRST DUI IN VENTURA, OXNARD OR CAMARILLO
For many people who get arrested for driving under the influence (DUI), facing DUI charges is their first contact with the criminal justice system. They are often scared and confused, and don’t know what to do or who to turn to. Many people feel that their only option is to go into court and plead guilty.
Consequences of Conviction for a First DUI Offense in Ventura County
Unfortunately, pleading guilty to a first DUI offense in a Ventura County can have very serious repercussions. A DUI conviction will cost you thousands of dollars, and can have numerous other short-term and long-term consequences. These include:
- Jail time or work release
- Loss of your driver’s license
- Mandatory attendance of the Drinking Driver Program (alcohol school)
- Increased insurance costs
- Impeded ability to maintain your employment (or find new employment) and provide for your family
- A “prior” record for purposes of subsequent DUI convictions
Experienced Representation for Ventura DUIs
Oxnard DUI attorney David Lehr is a former Ventura County Deputy District Attorney who now uses his experience and expertise to fight for the rights of individuals facing DUI charges Ventura County. At The Law Offices of David Lehr, we start each Ventura DUI case with a thorough assessment of the police report and other available evidence, and we work tirelessly to pursue all possible angles for having our clients’ charges dropped or minimizing the consequences of a conviction.
Information for Individuals Facing Their First DUI Charge in Ventura County
When facing charges for a first DUI in Ventura County, there are numerous moving parts and interrelated issues that need to be properly managed and considered. Here are some things you should know about facing a first DUI in Ventura County:
- Your DUI Rights – learn about your rights when facing first-time charges for drunk driving in Camarillo, Oxnard or Ventura
- The DMV Hearing – learn about how to protect your license at the initial DMV hearing(important: this requires action within ten days of your arrest)
- Ventura County DUI Court Process – learn about what to expect in court for a first DUI offense in Ventura county
- Ways to Beat Your DUI – learn about what to expect in court for a first DUI offense in Ventura county
- Selecting Your DUI Lawyer –learn how to choose between DUI attorneys in Malibu and what makes a good lawyer for first DUI offenses in Ventura County
- DUI Penalties – learn about the possible penalties for first DUI convictions
Free Consultation with a Ventura DUI Attorney
If you have been arrested for a first DUI in Camarillo, Oxnard or Ventura, do not go at it alone. Let our Ventura DUI attorney put his experience and expertise to work for you. To schedule a free consultation, contact us today.
MEET OUR TEAM
Our law firm provides honest, thoughtful, clear, and effective guidance and support to our clients. We will lead you through the difficult times and help you secure your future.
This firm is a "unicorn." Honest, dedicated, and kind, as well as excellent and honorable in their practice.
He listened to my concerns and is willing to go the extra mile. He is really knowledgeable and responds quickly.
Thanks to David and Daniel, my life is back on track.
Caring and professional attorneys that will do whatever they can to help you legally, and whatever they can offer you after the fact. They are exemplary human beings and both deserve recognition for all of their efforts in every happenstance.
David has provided awesome support during some of our darkest days. Even went out of his way to help my son get into programs. David is very well connected. If you need effective and immediate legal counsel he should be the first attorney you call.
He actually takes the time to listen to you and make you feel like you matter.
David is fantastic. He gives you everything he has, he cares, thinks soooo fast on his feet, and is very intelligent.
David was very professional, direct, informative and no BS. He has a great reputation. I spoke with a LOT of other individuals who have had legal troubles, David Lehr was the most often recommended Lawyer and he has an excellent track record.
David Lehr not only represented me thoroughly, effectively, and honestly but he also gave great thought, concern, and insight to my needs. He handled my affairs promptly and I found success in all areas of his dealings. I could not have had a better lawyer. I am forever grateful.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation
If you have questions regarding other service offerings do not hesitate to send us a message.